The 20-yard dumpster’s size makes it our most commonly-rented dumpster size. A 20-yard dumpster rental is big enough to handle an extensive quantity of debris, yet compact enough to fit in the average Denver driveway.
- Dimensions: 14 feet x 8 feet x 5.5 feet.
- Capacity: A 20-yard dumpster can hold the equivalent of about 6 pickup truck loads.
- Weight Limit: 3 tons – Extra weight charged at $40 a ton
- Other Key Features: Front and back ladders with a full opening walk in back door
The mid-size of the 20 cubic yard dumpster makes it a handy option for a variety of projects including:
- Cleaning of a large basement, attic, and garage.
- Flooring and carpet removal for a large house
- Removal of a 300 – 400 square foot deck
- Removal of a 2,500 – 3,000 square foot single layer shingle roof
- Siding and window replacement for small – medium size houses
- Shrub, brush, and tree removal
- Remodel of bathroom or large kitchen
- Concrete, not completely filled
A 20-yard dumpster rental is just right to handle cleanup for any mid-size project. If you’re planning a small-scale project, like general decluttering or minor home updates, a 12-yard dumpster might be your best bet. If your job requires even less, our on-demand service is the best fit. For the same price as a mini dumpster, we load it and haul it for you.
With its flexibility, a 20-yard dumpster rental makes for the ideal waste removal option for contractors on a wide variety of job sites, like:
- Room remodels.
- Roofing jobs.
- Construction projects.
- Landscaping projects.
- And much more!
We can place your container virtually anywhere on your property that can be accessed by our trucks.
Follow these general guidelines when you’re preparing for a 20-yard dumpster delivery:
Make room: About 50 feet of space (in length) is required in your driveway to drop off a dumpster. Make sure there are no obstructions that would prevent the truck from getting access to the driveway.
All clear: The truck will need at least 18 feet of vertical clearance to raise the dumpster and place it. Make sure the delivery area is free of low-hanging wires or tree branches.
Don’t forget: Once you have the 20-yard dumpster, consider the debris you’re throwing in it as well as the weight limit.
If you’re on the fence about whether you should choose a 20-yard dumpster rental, give us a call at 1-800-501-9324. Our customer service team can help you determine the ideal service for your project.
We have service locations in the greater metropolitan areas of Denver, Phoenix, Portland, San Antonio and St. Louis. To view local information for these cities select it at the top of this page.