Phoenx Household Hazardous Waste Event Schedule: Paint Disposal TipsMonday March 3rd 2014
All events will run from 8 a.m. to noon on dates scheduled.
- HHW events are only for city of Phoenix residential refuse customers. Proof of city of Phoenix refuse service is required. Please bring your current city of Phoenix municipal services bill showing solid waste fees AND a matching photo ID.
- Non hazardous materials brought to events will be sorted and disposed of as municipal solid waste.
- No commercial loads, large residential quantities, medical waste, explosives or radioactive waste will be accepted.
- A maximum of five over-the-road-tires per resident will be accepted. No tractor or oversize tires will be allowed.
Dates, hours and locations are subject to change.
8 a.m. to noon Thursday, Jan. 23, Friday, Jan. 24 and Saturday, Jan. 25
Maryvale Baseball Park Overflow Parking Lot
5100 W. Whitton Ave. (Enter from 51st Avenue)
8 a.m. to noon Thursday, Feb. 27, Friday, Feb. 28 and Saturday, March 1
State Fair Grounds, 20th Avenue Lot
West of 19th Avenue on Encanto Boulevard
8 a.m. to noon Thursday, April 10, Friday, April 11 and Saturday, April 12
Paradise Valley Park
17642 N. 40th St.
8 a.m. to noon Thursday, May 8, Friday, May 9 and Saturday, May 10
17010 S. 48th St.
8 a.m. to noon Thursday, June 5, Friday, June 6 and Saturday, June 7
Cesar Chavez Park West Lot
3635 W. Baseline Road
July and August - no events scheduled
Wednesday June 29, 2013
Disposing of old paint is always a problem. Nobody wants it! Here are a few solutions to try:
- Use it as a primer for other projects.
- Paint a piece of cardboard over and over until its gone.
- Mix it with kitty litter.
- Mix it with sawdust or dirt.
- Open the lid and let the sun dry it out.
- Dispose of it at a city or county recycle event.
- Purchase paint drying agent at local Hardware Store
- Leave it for the new homeowner.
- Put an ad on Craig’s List.
- Leave it sitting on the shelf
If you still can't find a way to dispose of it, call Rubbish Works and we'll pick it up, along with any old furniture, appliances, and yard waste or construction debris. Just dry out the paint before calling us. Sorry, we can't transport wet paint.
Book Online: http://www.rubbishworks.com/phoenix
or call 480-545-1220 and receive a $20.00 Discount off of your scheduled pick-up.